International Bike Show Long Beach
December 3-5, 2004
By Stephen Sorensen
Our display at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show was a big hit again this year. The mix of beautiful restorations, original paint and hard ridden bikes were admired by young and old. I would like to thank everyone who showed a bike and almost showed a bike, may the New Year bring better luck.
When I started calling around asking for bikes you would see on our road runs the usual response was "my old piece of junk it's not a show bike". Well we are not a show club we are a Riding club and that impressed the many visitors to our booth. Kevin's J model was admired just as much as Bob’s ‘17 Indian.
The rain did not seem to keep away the crowd, the place was packed for three days. Our booth was always well manned. Hobo John and Dave Cook getting the most seat time, with the usual suspects filling in. A special thanks to Amy Pritchard from IMS, Tim Graber, and Marc gallin for their help organizing the display.
Here is a complete list of the bikes that were shown. Watch for our display next year to be even bigger and better….
· 1917 Indian Power Plus -- Bob Clift
· 1929 Harley Davidson JD -- Kevin Spear
· 1939 Indian Sport Scout -- Tom Lovejoy
· 1939 Indian Chief -- Tom Hart
· 1940 Indian Scout Big Base Racer -- Bob Nichols
· 1940 Harley Davidson EL -- Tim Graber
· 1948 Indian Chief -- TJ Graber
· 1954 Harley Davidson FL -- Larry Ramos
· 1958 Ariel Square 4 -- Dave Cook
Return to the SoCal Calendar