General Chapter Meeting Minutes
February 6, 2005
By Chapter Secretary Marc Gallin
1. There was a discussion on the Nationals rule change regarding older riders being able to ride modern bike on club runs (65 years or older). Tim has been in discussion with the National and a statement directed to the National Board on behalf of the Chapter regarding this issue is being considered. Discussion ensued on why the 35 year old rule is used and why consideration should be given to 3 different categories of machines; antique, classic, and vintage.
7. The Four Chapter Road Run is being sponsored by the SoCal Chapter this year. Marc Gallin and
Craig Dillmannare planning the route for late summer. The run headquarters will be held in Solvang, and will include rides to ; Santa Barbara , and other surrounding area mountains and coastal areas.. Cold Springs Canyon
8. The rules for the Tired Tail competition have been modified. A running tally will be posted in the Chapter newsletter and also on the Chapter website. The reward is one paid registration to Borrego ’06. The final rules are posted as an addendum to these minutes.
9. There was also a discussion as to whether or not participation in National Road Runs outside of
should count in the Tired Tail tally. The quorum voted No on this item. California
10. All SoCal Chapter Road Captains should be in charge of submitting a ridership tally to the Chapter board upon completion on each monthly Road Run.
17. The meeting was adjourned at by President Tim Graber. Meeting minutes submitted by Secretary, Marc Gallin.
Addendum for the Tired Tail Competition
SoCal Boardof Directors for the 2005 year has set a new policy for the Tired Tail Competition. This is a chapter of the AMCA. Our belief is that the AMCA exists to showcase antique, classic, and vintage motorcycles. To that end it is our duty to reward the use of motorcycles at least 35 years old. If you have one, ride it or bring it to our events. We will plan events to make them as easy as possible to ride a qualified AMCA ride! Of course we will continue to recognize all participating members at events, especially trouble truck drivers!