General Chapter Meeting Minutes
February 6, 2005
By Chapter Secretary Marc Gallin
- The Mt. Baldy Run has been canceled due too road damage. Jim Falk has agreed to host a Temecula Valley Run instead. The date will remain the same, Saturday, February 19th at 10 AM.
- The Internet version of the Chapter Newsletter is now online. You can access it by clicking here. It is also available from the Home Page.
- An update on the status of Borrego Springs Road Run was presented by Tim Graber. To date, there are 69 registrants signed up for the annual Road Run. The new T-Shirt artwork was designed by Tom Lovejoy and has been personalized for 2005. The banquet entertainment will consist of a Quiz show mainly focusing on Photos of machines attending the event.
- Tim Graber mentioned that special dinner requests could be made by attendees at the Borrego Springs banquet for alternative dinner choices. This should be done by Friday afternoon, the day before the banquet at Borrego.
- A SoCal Chapter calendar update was presented by Secretary, Marc Gallin. Click here to see the updated Calendar or you can access it from the Home Page.† The Four Chapter Road Run is being sponsored by the SoCal Chapter this year.† Marc Gallin and Craig Dillmann are planning the route for late summer. The run headquarters will be held in Solvang, and will include rides to Santa Barbara; Cold Springs Canyon, and other surrounding area mountains and coastal areas. The Dates of the run will be September 16-18, 2005.
- The Chapter Board of Directors has agreed that all paid members as of February 7th shall receive a new SoCal Chapter name badge. Badges will be ordered this month and will be distributed ASAP.
- A letter from Gary Breylinger regarding the Nationalís 35 Year Old machine rule was read aloud. In the future, all letters to the editor will be posted on the Internet web site and in the newsletter, space permitting.
- There was some further discussion on the issue of the new AMCA rule for older riders being able to ride any type of motorcycle they want. There was agreement by the quorum, that this issue needs to be examined by all the Clubís Chapter Presidents. Tim will draft a letter and email it out to them later this month.
- The Chapter website will have a new section created for letters and technical questions. This area will be updated monthly for the membersí benefit. All letters and or questions should be emailed to the webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A motion was made by Frank Colver to allow bikes of 30 years old to participate on Chapter Run for Tired Tail tally points. The motion failed. The "Tired Tail" award tally is only for antique motorcycles, and bikes must be 35 years or older to participate in this contest. Additionally, the Road Captain of the run must provide the newsletter editor will a tally of the riders and machines on the run so the run can count towards the competition.
- The meeting was adjourned at 12:35 PM by President Tim Graber.† Meeting minutes submitted by Secretary, Marc Gallin.
††††††††††† Addendum for the Tired Tail Competition
††††††††††† The SoCal Board of Directors for the 2005 year has set a new policy for the Tired Tail Competition. This is a chapter of the AMCA.† Our belief is that the AMCA exists to showcase antique, classic, and vintage motorcycles. To that end it is our duty to reward the use of motorcycles at least 35 years old.† If you have one, ride it or bring it to our events. We will plan events to make them as easy as possible to ride a qualified AMCA ride!† Of course we will continue to recognize all participating members at events, especially trouble truck drivers!